Master Page Problem

Issues related to previewing and publishing your web site.
Psycho

Master Page Problem

Post by Psycho » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:51 pm

Hi Guys,

Need a little help with regards to how master pages work, I've created a 2 page demo to test out this function (index.html & master.html)

On the master page I have dragged over from the Blocks category, the Divider Text block with a dark blue background and light blue dots with the word Divider Text sitting in the middle. When I preview the page, it stretches full width of my browser. I then go to my index page and drag out from the Layout category, Master Objects, I drag this from top left to far right identically to the original divider dimensions on the master page, I then double click this object on the index page and choose from the select box /master and click ok.

I then preview the master again and it remains full width yet when I preview the index page, I get a default setting of page width only and not full width.

Can somebody tell me what procedure I'm missing to replicate the master page on all pages.

Thanks in advance :wink:
I have enough money to last me the rest of my life - Providing I die by next Tuesday

Pablo

Re: Master Page Problem

Post by Pablo » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:31 pm

The master page object should be inside a layout grid otherwise it will not be flexible,

Psycho

Post by Psycho » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:05 pm

That's very odd, the divider block will not sit inside a layout grid on my master page and creates a small white area either side of the block, yet remove the layout grid and the divider block snaps to the top of the master page and shows full screen, so if adding a normal master object and associating it to the master page, why does it not show as expected, sorry if this question is a bit of a noob query but I'm really struggling to understand why one pages objects cannot be replicated by what is called master object but I cant get it to work here.
I have enough money to last me the rest of my life - Providing I die by next Tuesday

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:19 pm

To be able to help you I need to see what you have done.
Please share your project file. Remove all non-relevant content from the project first.

Psycho

Post by Psycho » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:20 am

Thanks Pablo, is there a way to attach the file to the thread (cant see attach file option) or does it need to be uploaded somewhere and then a link provided.

Psycho

Post by Psycho » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:39 am

I think I may have stumbled onto something here Pablo, when linking the master object on the index page to the actual master page holding the divider block, if I uncheck the box marked as Embed Master Objects As a Layer, then on previewing this option, the divider now shows on the index page exactly the same as it does on the master page. With the embed option enabled however, it does revert back to not showing full width.

Can you explain the difference of enable or disable the embed master objects so that I understand its feature for future projects, cheers ;-)

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:19 pm

Can you explain the difference of enable or disable the embed master objects so that I understand its feature for future projects
When this option is enabled, then all the objects will be wrapped in layer. This option is meant to be used with fixed layouts.
When the option is disabled then the objects will be inserted "AS IS"

Psycho

Post by Psycho » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:27 pm

Thanks Pablo :wink: