Some strange behaviours

Issues related to previewing and publishing your web site.
Cherryman

Some strange behaviours

Post by Cherryman » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:17 am

So i designed a website, with help from a template but i have a few strange things i like to report. Not sure where to post this.
Not saying those are all bugs, it could also be my mistakes.

WWB: 12.0.5

Things i noticed and worked around:
1. The Material icons did show up as squares, cleaned cache, tried a fresh start.. not working. ( I changed them for awesome Icon's ) that worked
2. When i use the "form" in a layout grit my page gets wider (With empty wide space) and the browser adds a slider on the bottom. I tested that a few times, and it only happens when i make a layout grit a "form".

Things still strange:
A. Using a Sticky layer positioned a bit below the top with "keep original position" works, when scrolling down it stays at the top, but while scrolling it is "jaggy" ( No delay set )
B. Using a sticky layer now for the bottom, "keep original position" does not work, it goes down straight away, and is also "jaggy" while scrolling.
C. I use pictures in a layout grit, with frame-style "cupertino 3" all pictures are the same input size, but when published some are smaller and some the border width differs, messing up the lay out. On the edit screen they look all te same.

Here is a temporarily link:

- edit -
Last edited by Cherryman on Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pablo

Re: Some strange behaviours

Post by Pablo » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:04 am

There are no known issues with Material Icons. So this is most likely a computer related issue.

Maybe your layout contains fixed size (non-responsive) element?

A sticky layer is a script, the javascript will need some time to reposition the layer. So there will always be some delay depending on how fast the browser processes the script.
You can use a docking layer if you want a non-javascript solution.

When you add a frame to an image then it will become a non-responsive object (with a fixed size). So then you cannot use it inside a layout grid. This is documented in the FAQ.

Cherryman

Re: Some strange behaviours

Post by Cherryman » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:23 am

Thank you for your reply.

I fixed the most important issue with the pictures by saving them as pictures.
All other things i take on board.

Thanks!