Events Text Not Showing Once Published

Issues related to previewing and publishing your web site.
nrgiser

Events Text Not Showing Once Published

Post by nrgiser » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:22 am

Hi Good People,

I have a problem that has only now just started to occur. I have on some of the webpages material Icons like and Air-Con Icon and when you move your mouse over it, a piece of text shows up telling the visitor what this means.

Everything was working fine, uploaded fine and doing what it is meant to be doing, so I know that I have set up the Icon correctly, but now when I am uploading and updating a certain page this has stopped working, even though I have not changed any of the icon settings at all on the page itself. Now when I put my mouse over the Icon no text shows.

Please see one of the offending pages below (Move your mouse over the Air-Con Icon) >>

https://www.ocean-bay-beach-resort.com/ ... a-sea-view

And please see this page below to see how it should be working (Move your mouse over the Air-Con Icon) >>

https://www.ocean-bay-beach-resort.com/standard-room-b

I now do not want to update any of the pages anymore as when I do, this element stops working and not only does it stop working on that page size, but also for the page sizes 320px and 800px.

I am hoping that I have just clicked on something before I publish the page. The only things that I have personally changed is that I use WinSock to publish the site, I get the site to automatically back up every 30 minutes and also make a back up of the project on the server.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly welcomed.

Thank you.

crispy68

Re: Events Text Not Showing Once Published

Post by crispy68 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:47 am

The difference I am seeing is that on the good page you are using 'onmouseover = showobject' and on the non-working page you are using 'onmouseover = showobjectwitheffect'

Check to make sure the 'Action' you are choosing in the events is the same as the good page.

nrgiser

Post by nrgiser » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:05 am

Hi Crispy68,

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply to my query. Very appreciated.

However I went to have look at what you said to see if that is true. I double clicked on the air-con icon in the /standard-a-no-sea-view webpage in the WBB program and went to events once the tab had opened up. There it is saying "onmouseover" = "show" (Target "Text_A_C") and "onmouseout" = "hide" (Target "Text_A_C") which is the same command or instruction on all the other pages and has not been changed from when it was working fine. No where it is saying hide or show with effects, it is just stating "show" or "hide".

Nothing has been changed since it was working fine. The only thing I have played around with is .js and .css files trying to get them to the bottom of the page, but again I have given up on that and reset all the values in options, apart from keeping WinSock and the auto backups and also backing up the project on the server.

You are right though in your observation as I have also just looked at the page element and it is saying to show and hide with effects. Even though I have again just uploaded the page after double checking that it has only "show" and "hide" and not with effect and then pressed Ctrl+F5 to refresh the page and also check the page out on both MS Edge and Chrome the icons are not showing the text when I put my mouse over the icon.

Any other suggestion would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:03 am

I think it is related to this FAQ:

"When using events, the visibility is affected by breakpoints."
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum ... 10&t=63817

nrgiser

Post by nrgiser » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:51 am

Hi Pablo.

Thank you so much for that link. You may now mark this thread as resolved.

I had somehow in Tools-Options-HTML-CSS Visibility Option had clicked on "display" and not "visibility"

Once I had chosen "Visibility" again and re uploaded the page, it worked fine.

The link did not give me the direct answer, but it gave me a good pointer to where I need to be looking.

Thank you so much to both Crispy68 and Pablo for assisting me with this problem.