Password Failure on Upload

Issues related to previewing and publishing your web site.
Cranleybeamer

Password Failure on Upload

Post by Cranleybeamer » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:58 am

WYSIWYG has performed well until this week. Having updated a page, on upload, there is a conflict with the password and the FTP Server. I have checked the firewall and no issues. Have spoken with hosts who can see no problems their end but have suggested there may be an issue with the software. Any suggestions please?

I had not changed any settings when this issue started. I have changed the password at both ends trying to remedy problem.

"Internet exception 12014
Details:
The password was not allowed."

BaconFries

Re: Password Failure on Upload

Post by BaconFries » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:14 am

If it previously worked without any issues then it will be related to your password being incorrect and has nothing to do with the programme. Please note that WWB will not change your password or your login details to your host. I would contact your host again as it is 99.9% a issue there side even though they say different.

1) What does the Publish log say?
2) Has your host changed from FTP to SFTP?

See the following:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/ ... 10&t=36493

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:58 am

but have suggested there may be an issue with the software.
That is what they always say. However there has never been a case where it actually related to the software!
If it previously worked and your did not change anything then it can only be a server/host related issue.

Note that the software does not verify your password. The error message is a response from the server.

GWHC

Post by GWHC » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:28 pm

Hi, havIe been using this product since March of this year with no problems but today when asking to Publish I have an "Internet Exception Error" 12014 - Password was not allowed. I have changed nothing for this to have happened.

Please help

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:01 pm

As previously mentioned if it has been working since March and you haven't made any changes then it will be a server issue. To be able to help you what does the Publish log say. It could be your server has changed something without your knowledge, I would recommend contacting them and check first and report back. Also as mentioned the software won't change the password it can only use what your enter so if it wrong please check again that it is correct.