Search to html instead of php

Issues related to hyperlinks and web site navigation.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/links.html
sommerpierre

Search to html instead of php

Post by sommerpierre »

If I create and publish a new protected php-page in Wysiwyg and everything seems to work correctly. But if the user looks in the navigationbar (css menu), he can see the title of the page but not reach them (404 Page Not Found). 
That’s because the search looks for a „.html-Page“ with the same name. This page don’t exist while I changed in the page properties the file extension from html to php.

How the navigationbar can learn this?
Gruß

Sommerpierre
Pablo

Re: Search to html instead of php

Post by Pablo »

If you republish the page(s) with the navigation then the links will automatically be updated.
sommerpierre

Post by sommerpierre »

I can publish a page "with or without" navigation?

What I do with a new page is publish this page and then publish the Masterpage with the css menu. For this I use the "publish-Button" and the option "publish all files".

But the result is the same: "404 Page Not Found". In the Browser I can see the search for a Page "name.html", so it can't work properly for the page named "name.php".
Gruß

Sommerpierre
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

To be able to help you please provide a url to the site so we can help. Or provide a copy of you project when doing this please read the following :
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/ ... 10&t=82134
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

You cannot just publish the master page , the master page does not have any meaning outside the workspace. it is only used during design-time.
If you update the the page name (or extension) then you will need to update all pages that are referring to that page.
sommerpierre

Post by sommerpierre »

Finally I found a solution!

After a click on the button in the Browser-Line the search would always going to a (not existing) „.html“-Page but I was sure that the page only exist as „.php“-Page.

So I re-changed the existing „.php“-Page to a „.html“-Page. And then the browser shows the correct page.

After re-changing the „.html“-Page in a „.php“-Page all works correctly.

What I learnt for me is:

If I create a new page now, it will be better to change the file extension, at the end of my work on that page, and not in the beginning.
Gruß

Sommerpierre