Responsive Navigation Menu - html vs php

Issues related to hyperlinks and web site navigation.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/links.html
LJLachance

Responsive Navigation Menu - html vs php

Post by LJLachance » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:03 am

Something odd has happened. I updated FileZilla and then, I published and reloaded my entire website. I made a few changes to the items in my master page menu list (just names, nothing special). Once I reloaded the site, when using the live navigation menu, links to pages with a php extension open as expected BUT links to pages with html extension (in chrome and edge) gives me a MS Windows popup asking me where I want to save the file ... the page does not open. This is happening with ALL links to html extension pages. Any ideas what may cause this? Thanks

Larry

Pablo

Re: Responsive Navigation Menu - html vs php

Post by Pablo » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:47 pm

I doubt that this has anything to do with WWB. I think it's a server configuration issue.

LJLachance

Post by LJLachance » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:07 pm

If it's a server configuration issue, could it be something that I did? Or is it something the server provider might have done? Thanks for the reply nonetheless.

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:14 pm

If it's a server configuration issue, could it be something that I did? Or is it something the server provider might have done?
Only you will know what settings you used in FileZilla (No support offered) change. Also only your host/server provider can say if they make changes to how it usually works.

LJLachance

Post by LJLachance » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:53 pm

So thanks to both of you for the replies. I love how coincidence works... or is that Murphy's Law? Anyway, thanks to your responses I contacted my server provider and it turns out that they updated Apache on the servers last night. They have recreated the problem and now know that something is wrong. They are looking into issue to get it resolved. At the end of the day, it appears it is nothing I did nor is it FileZilla...

Thanks again to both for pushing me in the right direction.

L

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:14 pm

Thanks for letting us know. I am suprised your host actually said it was a issue with them, they usually tend to say it is user input or software used related but never with them. It just a waiting game now and hopefully not to long.

LJLachance

Post by LJLachance » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:18 pm

I have to add that my server provider is not a national company ... more of, for lack of better words, mom & pop but - they have housed my site since 1999 and they are most attentive to any issue I've ever presented them with. Sometimes when you find something that works AND has great support, you just never want to leave! It's a lot like WB! The more I learn, the better it gets!

Thanks again...

Larry