Both versions of navbar appear.

Issues related to hyperlinks and web site navigation.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/links.html
Smee

Both versions of navbar appear.

Post by Smee » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:09 pm

When I first load my site (in Firefox it happens the most) I get two versions of my navigation bar:

The horizontal version is what I put in my master page, never used the vertical version. When the page loads, cannot use the horizontal bar because the vertical bar appears to be on a layer which blocks the horizontal bar's links.

Where do I start looking, and what type of error am I looking for.

Pablo

Re: Both versions of navbar appear.

Post by Pablo » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:47 pm

To be able to help you I need to see what you have done.
Please share your project file.

Bluesman

Post by Bluesman » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:25 pm

Seams to me like you have one navigation bar in your "Master page" and one into your regular page:s, and check into your breakpoints to (if you have)
"Make My Day"

See my Website

Smee

Post by Smee » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:29 pm

Pablo wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:47 pm
To be able to help you I need to see what you have done.
Please share your project file.
I'll put it back up tonite, but you looked at it a couple days ago. After removing the duplicateID problem, this popped after uploading.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:17 pm

In the project you have sent me, the breakpoints in the mastr page do not match with the breakpoint on the other pages.
The breakpoints should be the same.

Smee

Post by Smee » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:16 pm

In the version I posted, all pages set at 1200 pixels wide, don't remember putting in any breakpoints, but must have. In the current version, master page has breakpoints set, but main pages have not yet. Not that far along.

I'm still going to post it because I'm curious what I did wrong and don't want to make that mistake again. As I complete each session, I upload the site to a temporary directory on my server for viewing. You can find it at http://qlite.ahgweb.com to see what I'm talking about. The site is for a customer who has a desire to cram a lot of items on each page. He doesn't like white space I guess. I've been doing this site since 2004, but figured I would try to create a responsive version after seeing WWB in action.

Think I'm gonna just go with a text menu or a vertical menu until I get more experienced. The site will eventually have 3 breakpoints besides the full page (768, 480, and 320) so I guess it needs to be responsive to achieve that rather than creating new navbar for each version.

Thanks for the help.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:04 am

In the current version, master page has breakpoints set, but main pages have not yet. Not that far along.
This is not correct. All pages that use the master page should have the same breakpoints otherwise the layout will not be valid.

Smee

Post by Smee » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:06 pm

No, I'm talking about my file. I only set breakpoints in master page as I have not finished adding the content. Figured it would be easier to set breakpoints once I had the content in place for the full size site, so I didn't set any breakpoints for the other pages.

Sorry I didn't explain that very clearly in the beginning.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:26 pm

No, I'm talking about my file. I only set breakpoints in master page as I have not finished adding the content.
Yes, but IF you use breakpoints then they should on all pages (using that master page). You cannot just add breakpoints to the master page and not use them elsewhere.

If you currently do not plan to use breakpoints then please remove them from the master page.
If after that, you still have problems then share the project again.