HOW DO I ADD DYNAMIC OBJECTS THAT WILL APPEAR ON ALL PAGES e.g. Navigation Bar, Header etc

Issues related to hyperlinks and web site navigation.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/links.html
builderplanet

HOW DO I ADD DYNAMIC OBJECTS THAT WILL APPEAR ON ALL PAGES e.g. Navigation Bar, Header etc

Post by builderplanet » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:49 pm

Dear Pablo,

I must commend you for the simplicity of WYSIWYG web Builder. I just stumbled on the software online a couple of days ago. I want to try it out for the next 27 days as recommended by you before making any order.

Now, I have tried to figure out how I can place a dynamic object that will appear on all pages without needing to do copy/paste. E.G. Header and/or footer, menu bar etc. I just can't figure out what to use exactly. All your template (even those online) are not helpful as I have tried to figure out from them.

Kindly help with full tutorial of how to add dynamic menu that will appear on all pages, which if I need to edit in any case, only one object would be edited.

N:B, A copy of reply/steps can be e-mailed to me.

Thanks

Pablo

Re: HOW DO I ADD DYNAMIC OBJECTS THAT WILL APPEAR ON ALL PAGES e.g. Navigation Bar, Header etc

Post by Pablo » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:01 pm

This is possible with master pages or master frames.
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum ... 10&t=47905

builderplanet

Re: HOW DO I ADD DYNAMIC OBJECTS THAT WILL APPEAR ON ALL PAGES e.g. Navigation Bar, Header etc

Post by builderplanet » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:57 pm

Thanks for the response, however, I'm still confuse....

Please, the "Theme Manager" contains options for Header, and the header image can be inserted there too. After modifying the header and click O.K in the site property, nothing seems to change - be it font, header, colour applied, what could have happened? Isn't Theme not useful per my post topic in this case?

Also, after designing object that I need to re-use in other pages at Master Page, do I need to insert such using Master Object in anywhere that I want such Dynamic Object to appear?

Lastly, can I have more than ONE Master Page per project?

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM:

While I will 100% attest that WYSIWYG Web Builder is full of great tools for web development, many tools are litters on the screen instead of them to be grouped, kindly see to this in your next update.

Thanks

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:10 pm

Note that master pages/frame have nothing to do with the Theme Manager.

Did you read tutorials?

Yes, you can have more than one master page, for example one for the header and one for the footer.

builderplanet

Post by builderplanet » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:37 am

Dear Pablo Team,

Kindly do justice to these questions...

1) Based on your Tutorial and link given above, I tried to place header which I have designed on Master Page via Master object, after the insertion was done, it refuses to give me perfect size of the image inserted as the grip refuses to resize. Infact, I tried it with navigation menu, also, it doesnt work (image attached - https://prnt.sc/hdnw54). How can I correct the inserted image to perfect size as on Master Page to my choice of page?

2) I want my website to have Header, Navigation Bar, Side Bar and Footer which would be dynamic (exist automatically) on all pages. Is it possible to design 1 Master Page for the aformentioned features or do I need separate Master Page for each, which I will be needing to insert individual feature via Master Object onto my choice of page? If yes, I think it will be bulky and aside this, I will have to be duplicating a designed page e.g. If I designed 4 master pages that contains Header, Footer, Navigation and Sidebar and I insert it to .index.html, then I need the same feature on .contact_us.html, I will need to duplicate index (and modify the site property) if I don't want to be inserting these features one after the other as done in index. Is this correct?

3) Please, I see that Image designed on Master Page (as Header) and later inserted via Master Object on my choice of page is treated as "IMAGE" on browser i.e. can be vividly drag and whereas, header should be sticky. If the visitor disable "Show Image" on his/her browser, the header is gone.... Is there any solution to this?

4) Please, what is the function of PAGE HEADER and FOOTER in the WYSIWYG Web Builder? I inserted and it should appear on all other pages but opposite is the case. Please, I will like to know more of it functions. Your .pdf tutorial on your website was not helpful regarding it.

5) Regarding the Responsive Web Design, please I need to set views below, kindly recommend me proper digits to input in the Break Point Settings
a) Smartphone between 0 to 480px (lower than 480px)
b) between 481 and 719
c) betwen 720 and 1149
d) Lastly, above 1150

6) The "Built with WYSIWYG Web Builder" picture watermark placed at the footer during the Trial Period... Would it be removed after making purchase for Linsence at the end of Evaluation Period?

Thanks as I await to explore the full functionality before making any order, if it meet my needs

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:06 am

1. A page header/footer cannot be part of a master object (because it's a container), the header/footer needs to be a direct child element of the page.
However header/footers can be used with master frames.

2. You can use page headers/footers with master page, not with master objects.

3. See 1 and 2

4. A page header will be placed at the top of the page. A page footer will be place at the bottom of the page.
Please see the example templates.
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/templates.html

5. See the FAQ
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum ... 10&t=63817
(Which breakpoints should I add to my web page?)

6. Related FAQ: https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum ... =10&t=7794

Note that the trial version does not include product support.

builderplanet

Post by builderplanet » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:53 am

If I get you right, this means that on individual page, I will have to be inserting Header and Footer.... e.g. I will insert both to index and also insert to contactus.html if I want it to have Header and Footer, is this correct? If Yes, what if I want to do global replacement of Header and Footer in the future... I'll need to be re-inserting it again manually? Please, forget about Master Frame this time....

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:05 pm

I will insert both to index and also insert to contactus.html if I want it to have Header and Footer, is this correct?
Yes! If you don't want to use a Master Frame No if you use a Master Frame!
what if I want to do global replacement of Header and Footer in the future... I'll need to be re-inserting it again manually?
Yes if you set manually to each page. No If you want to globally the you will need to use a Master Frame!
With all this being said have you read the tutorials? If not then start there so you will understand how to use. Again there is no support with the trial.
Read carefully.
Master Frame

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:08 pm

If I get you right, this means that on individual page, I will have to be inserting Header and Footer.... e.g.
No, you add the header/footer to the master frame.
what if I want to do global replacement of Header and Footer in the future..
then you will change the master.

builderplanet

Post by builderplanet » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:21 pm

Apologies....

Please clarify: "Again there is no support with the trial". Do you mean I have no right to ask question as this when trying the software?

Also, in my earlier post today which I said there is left over space after inserting a Master Page Object (whereas, the object was perfectly fitted on the Master Page). I take Navigation Link as example.... (please see the screenshot provided). There is enough space after the insertion and it never allowed me to re-size.... What could have wrong?

Thanks

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:26 pm

Please clarify: "Again there is no support with the trial". Do you mean I have no right to ask question as this when trying the software?
This extra service (the forum) is only available for users with an official license.
Why? because there are too many users that are using an illegal version. I do not want to waste my time on those people.
Also, in my earlier post today which I said there is left over space after inserting a Master Page Object (whereas, the object was perfectly fitted on the Master Page).
Without a project file it will be different to say anything meaningful about this.