Cannot change a link

Issues related to hyperlinks and web site navigation.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/links.html
Amretired

Cannot change a link

Post by Amretired » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:54 pm

Hi, I am using version 10.
I have a current link on one of my web pages that is incorrect. I change the link by first removing the existing link, deleting the text, then adding the text, adding in the correct link info, save the page. I come back and see the link has reverted back to the incorrect link. I have tried several different ways to make the change, including rebooting the pc after removing the link and text then adding the info after the reboot. All try's are no good. Is there a setting somewhere in WYSIWYG software that I somehow changed?
Thanks for you help.
Gary

Pablo

Re: Cannot change a link

Post by Pablo » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:17 pm

First note that version 10 is no longer supported. It may not be compatible with the version of Windows you are using.

However to be able to help you I need to see what you have done.
Please include a link to your project.

Amretired

Post by Amretired » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:39 pm

Hi thanks for the quick response. I have been using ver 10 of WYSIWYG on this pc with Win 10 on it for a year with no problems. I have had to change links maybe a dozen times in the past with no trouble. This issue started approximately 1 week ago.
The link http://scgdanceclub.org/Monthly_Dances.html

The links that need to be changed are "Buy tickets here", these links do not point to where they need to point.
If you click on the Country Western tab on the left, the link, "Buy tickets here" on this page works.

Gary

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:23 am

Did you republish all files?
Does it work locally?
Maybe there is a problem with publishing?

There have been some problem with links and Windows 10 in the past. These issues have been fixed in WB11 and later. That is why I thought this may be related. You may have installed a Windows update that has broken the links behavior.

Amretired

Post by Amretired » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:20 am

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I do not even have to publish. I make the change to the link that I need to. Save the whole web site, close WYSIWYG, restart WYSIWYG, open my web site and go to the page and look at the link and it has reverted back to the incorrect link. It appears that I am going to have to get version 12. Version 10 has been working just great for the last 3 years on Win 10.

Gary

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:57 am

Does it work correct then you create a new link, in a other project or page?
Did you recently change something in your system? For example, did you install an upgrade of Windows 10?

This may be related:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=73558