breadcrumbs menu on master page

Issues related to hyperlinks and web site navigation.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/links.html
IzzyAvraham

breadcrumbs menu on master page

Post by IzzyAvraham » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:31 pm

Let's say I have a master page containing the website menu. If I add a bread crumbs menu to that master page 1 and then embed it on another page 2, the bread crumbs menu on page 2 doesn't act as if it's part of that page, it acts as if it's part of page 1. I tried the "embed master objects as a layer" option and that didn't make a difference.

My question is if there's a way to put the bread crumbs menu on the master page and then have it act as if it's part of the pages containing that master page as an object. Bread crumb menus are incredibly useful, but if have to put it individually on each page instead of on the master, then if we change the menu style we'd need to go over every page and update it and I'd rather not have to do that. Not to mention when we put it on each page individually, we need to go over to the 320px version and manually update it there too.

Thanks so much for your help!
Last edited by IzzyAvraham on Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BaconFries

Re: break crumbs menu on master page

Post by BaconFries » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:41 pm

No this is not possible (as far I know) because there is only one instance of the Breadcrumb and that is of the Master Page itself as it has no way to know what pages you are navigating through. Instead of using a Master Page try using a Master Frame.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:46 pm

Breadcrumbs are not useful on a master page, because you normally place objects on a master pager that need to be the same for all pages. In case of a breadcrumb you want the opposite!
Also if a menu ins on a master page then all links in the menu are relative to the master page.

IzzyAvraham

Post by IzzyAvraham » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:48 pm

Bummer. But it makes sense. I was just hoping maybe somehow it was possible. Thanks so much for your help!