Problem with Browser 'Back' function

Issues related to hyperlinks and web site navigation.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/links.html
donjohnson24

Problem with Browser 'Back' function

Post by donjohnson24 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:17 pm

On http://www.thetypewriterman.co.uk/typofmon.html Users can access larger pictures of the items displayed on the monthly pages by clicking on the images.
On previous years' pages, as expected, using the browser's Back button returns the view to the original view/month on the Carousel.

I have just added details for July 2017 to the Carousel, but after publishing, I find that viewing earlier months and clicking on an image to see a larger view, when I use the 'Back' button, I always go back to the July view/month. (I don't think this happened before since I copied last year's page, but I'm not sure)

I must be missing something I have done in the past, but for the life of me I can't see what!

I'm on version 12.1.0

Any help would be appreciated
Ooops! I've just re-checked, and the problem DOES seem to happen on the 2016 page.

Pablo

Re: Problem with Browser 'Back' function

Post by Pablo » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:37 pm

You have configured the image to open in the same browser window. So the browser will load the image as a new page.
What will happen when you press the back button depends on the browser's cache settings. Either it will display the page from cache (so it display it as you left it) or it will reload the page and start at the first slide of the Carousel.
This behavior is not controlled by WWB.

donjohnson24

Post by donjohnson24 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:20 pm

Thanks, Pablo, I understand, and feel sure that previously it displayed from cache - as I wanted.

In Safari, it behaves as expected (back to cache)

I'm using Firefox , with option Firefox will set to 'Remember History', so it SHOULD go back to cache

Sorry to be dim - but are you ( or anyone else) aware of anything else I might have missed ?

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:24 pm

I'm sorry, I cannot help you with browser settings.
That's not my area of expertise.