Call via link different iframes on same page

Issues related to hyperlinks and web site navigation.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/links.html
Lacarrye

Call via link different iframes on same page

Post by Lacarrye » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:55 am

Hi! I will appreciate some help with the following scenario. I have 45 spreadsheets hosted online which would be displayed on iframes on my web. I was wondering if a specific page has to be created for each iframe or is there a way to activate the specific iframe on the same page when the link is clicked.

On a landing page I created a Treemenu with the 45 links but no idea how to reference each iframe. I want to avoid to create 45 different pages. I'm sure this can be done with some HTML, but maybe there is an easier way to achieve this.

Thanks, John

Pablo

Re: Call via link different iframes on same page

Post by Pablo » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:56 am

You can use the 'target' property of the link to specify the target window/frame of the link.
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/iframe.html

Lacarrye

Post by Lacarrye » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:18 pm

Hi Pablo,
Thank you! for the prompt response. I set up a Treemenu and I was able to target successfully one link only, but a second link open the page in the browser instead the iframe. I changed link addresses to make sure is not something else but which ever address is, it only worked with the first link only. I checked the code between two links and both point to iframe1 but only the first link open the page on the iframe, the second one open the othe page in a new window. Any clue will be appreciated.

Thanks, Javier

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:28 pm

Which 'treemenu' are you using?
What is the URL of the page?

Lacarrye

Post by Lacarrye » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:21 pm

Hi Pablo,
I'm at work right now and I don't have access but I downloaded the plugin from wysiwyg panel. I'm using ver. 11.5 but the plugin I think is 1.08? I can provide full details this afternoon. Thank you, Javier

Lacarrye

Post by Lacarrye » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:14 pm

Hi Pablo,
I'm using TreeMenu 1.03 downloaded from the Extension manager. I tested more links and it is working fine, just for some reason son pages are not loaded on preview mode. It show "Untitled Page" but most of them works fine. I will test everything on the server in few days but everything should be fine. Thank you!!

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:49 pm

It show "Untitled Page" but most of them works fine.
You can change the page title in the Page Properties.

Lacarrye

Post by Lacarrye » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:54 pm

Hi Pablo,
I found the issue but is not related to wysiwyg functionality. Probably not possible without additional code. This is what I'm trying to achieve;

I want to open all my OneDrive spreadsheets in 1 Iframe (same page), so on my index page I created a Treemenu and 1 Iframe.

"Overdrive" has two options, Link or embedded code. The embedded code works fine on the iframe but what I'm looking for is to place a link on the Treemenu and this code is not as URL, so won't work. Example below;

<iframe "width="802" height="546" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" src="https://onedrive.live.com/embed?cid=226 ... "></iframe>

On the other hand, a link generated by OneDrive as URL which can be placed on the Treemenu and pointing to the iframe, but doesn't work. When I test it on preview mode, it show "Untitled page" and nothing is displayed.

When I use the embedded code (placed on the Custom style HTML tab, it works fine but this would be permanent inside the iframe, so not idea how to display the spreadsheets via link. Any clue will be highly appreciated.

Thanks, Javier

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:00 pm

Maybe OneDrive does not support to be displayed inside an inline frame for security reasons?

cmartins

Post by cmartins » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:01 pm

Friend Pablo,

- I would like to embed an Excel spreadsheet on a page of my site (a). In this spreadsheet the visitor could answer questions including numbers or texts.

- On another page (or elsewhere on the same page) I would like to incorporate another different spreadsheet (b). In this spreadsheets the visitor could also answer questions including numbers or texts.

On another page (or elsewhere on the same page) I would like to embed another spreadsheet (c) with the result of the answers from the two previous spreadsheets (c = a + b).

It is possible?

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:58 pm

There is no standard solution info this, because what you are asking is very complicated. This will require a third party script or service.

cmartins

Post by cmartins » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:47 pm

Pablo, sorry if I complicated my question (I speak Portuguese)...

Question 1: I would like to know if it is possible to include an Excel spreadsheet within a WWB14 page. That is, can my student access that page and write directly on that spreadsheet?

Question 2: If yes, I would like to know if it is possible to reproduce that spreadsheet (with my student's answer) on another page of my site.

Thank you for your consideration and understanding.

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:01 pm

It is possible, but see Pablos reply this may or will require a custom solution.
See and read all the following urls that may help you in what you need. Note these are provided for information only and you will need to implement yourself even with one of the following you may still need extra coding to make it work as you require.

https://m.wikihow.com/Make-a-Google-Doc-Editable

https://www.labnol.org/software/embed-t ... ites/7435/

https://support.google.com/docs/forum/A ... J9s/?hl=en

https://community.spiceworks.com/how_to ... docs-sheet

cmartins

Post by cmartins » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:35 am

BaconFries, thanks for your understanding. Actually I'm looking for a solution in WWB14 to capture the text written by the visitor on a page of my website (form?) and present the result on another page of my site. I believe I can find third-party solutions (php? scripts?), but I would very much like WWB14 to facilitate that solution. I'm not a programmer, I'm a "target" of WWB14.

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:48 am

Then you can place a request for what your asking in Suggestions/Improvements