No access to MySQL Database

Issues related to hyperlinks and web site navigation.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/links.html
sommerpierre

No access to MySQL Database

Post by sommerpierre » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:36 am

Hello,

I will protect my entire homepage (without de first page, the login-page, the page with terms of conditions and the page legal disclosure) and do all the administration work by myself.

For the best security I will do this with MySQL.

On the platform „PLESK“ from my Host-Provider (domainunion.de) I created under phpMyAdmin a table named „USERS“ with the following structure:

fields: id/vorname/nachname/passwort/email/active/code

structure: id=int/vorname=varchar utf8_general_ci/nachname=varchar utf8_general_ci/passwort=varchar utf8_general_ci/email=varchar utf8_general_ci/active=tinyint/code=varchar utf8_general_ci/

On the first page I made a link to the login-page. This is a separate page only with the login-tool „login“ from the toolbox. 

Another separate page with an error-message and a link return to the login-page is linked with the login-tool.

After this I placed on four pages every time the object „Protect page“ from the toolbox (only for a test; do I really have to make this operation for every page? Or is there another tool to simplify this work?).

Further I changed on every page with a modification in the page properties under file extension from html to php.

After publish the entire website I tried to use the login with an emailadresse and a password already written in table (database). 

Unfortunately it doesn't work and i had the error message:

Failed to select database. Access denied for user ´sgw´@´%´ to database ´sommerpierre_de´

What cant be the different reasons for this?
Gruß

Sommerpierre

Pablo

Re: No access to MySQL Database

Post by Pablo » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:37 pm

After this I placed on four pages every time the object „Protect page“ from the toolbox (only for a test; do I really have to make this operation for every page?
Every page you want to protect must have a 'Protected Page' object.
„Failed to select database. Access denied for user ´sgw´@´%´ to database ´sommerpierre_de´“
This indicates that your MySQL settings are incorrect.

sommerpierre

Post by sommerpierre » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:11 pm

Hello,

Now, I the connection with the MySQL-Database works (I find out with my Hostprovider wich five informations exactly are necessary).

Unfortunately, it is not possible to open a protected page and the support from my Host-Provider means there is a communication problem between the MySQL-Database and Wysiwyg Web Builder.

I have no more the error-message "Failed to ..." but now if I enter in the login-box a correct email-adres and password (exactly as they are written in the database) the reaction is always the same: No access possible.

There is certainly something to do in Wysiwyg Web Builder.
Gruß

Sommerpierre

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:45 pm

Usually this indicates that there is an issue with PHP sessions on the server.
Please make sure PHP sessions are working.