my first ever web

You can use this section of the forum to show your website created with WYSIWYG Web Builder to other users.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST or your post may be deleted!

This forum is for users to display their websites created with WYSIWYG Web Builder.

Rules for posting in this section:
1) Do not ask any WYSIWYG Web Builder help or support related questions here.
2) Do not Promote your website on somebody elses thread.
3) Do not start more than one thread about your site.
4) Do not say anything negative or mean about somebody's site. Constructive criticism is great and encouraged, but being deliberately nasty will not be tolerated.
5) Do not post any site that is not created with WYSIWYG Web Builder.
6) Do not BUMP your post unnecessarily/repetitively.
7) Do not speak/type in another language than English. That way everyone can understand you.
davehappen

my first ever web

Post by davehappen »

built this for the motorcycle im with. first one ive done, never used wb before

www.rctriders.co.uk
alan_sh

Re: my first ever web

Post by alan_sh »

Hi - my comments. Please take these as constructive:

1. on my large desktop, everything is on the left. Might be nice if it was centred.
2. When you hover over the menu it goes to red on a green background. Not easy to see.
3. The fnt (not sure what it is), is hard to read and doesn't encourage me to continue reading
4. It's not really responsive. I tried it (using Firefox's tools) and it doesn't scale well (e.g., try it at 710 x 414 or 480 x 846 (Galaxy note 9)). Also, the menu is almost impossible to see in 'phone' mode.
5. When I click on the name Andrew Wright, it opens an outlook email going to "admin@gmail.com". Is that correct (if so, well done on getting that address).
6. I click on 'Members bikes'. The menu shows 'members cuts'. If you click on that, it shows 'members bikes' in the menu. But on the first page, it shows two separate menu options. It's a bit confusing.
7. I can't find where you explain what RCT o RASC or WRAC actually stand for and what you stand for.
8. On the "Join the Association" page, you say "Send £7 to RCT riders" - but no explanation of where to actually send it.
9. On a lot of pages, the menu item for that page has gone, but not for the "bulls head" (that appears in yellow). It's inconsistant. Normally with menus, they stay the same no matter what page you are on.

I think you can fix a lot of the above if you have a master page for the header with a menu on it. Make the menu responsive and choose appropriate breakpoints. If you want to see an example of this, have a look at my post here viewtopic.php?f=41&t=88171

Does that help at all?

regards

Alan
davehappen

Post by davehappen »

just seen your post, many thanks for the insight ill have a go at fixing it, had a bit of trouble incorporating the bulls head page, thats why it might be out a little, as for the master page i thought all pages looked the same which is not the effect i was after zs for responsive ive played with that for hours and got no where.
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

Dave,

If you need help, just ask. Happy to take a look if you let me have a copy of your WBS files.

Alan
davehappen

Post by davehappen »

just trying to sort it out now, every things ok apart from the menu layer, although ive sized it at 970 its running away in to the distance
font i was using was ALDRICH a google font, and the acronyms are army as it is a site for serving and veteran personnel so they know what is meant.
davehappen

Post by davehappen »

alan_sh, well don't know what's happened but the site has gone to sh*te.
bed time where i am, so ill have a go tomorrow

www.rctriders.co.uk