Dog walking services website

You can use this section of the forum to show your website created with WYSIWYG Web Builder to other users.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST or your post may be deleted!

This forum is for users to display their websites created with WYSIWYG Web Builder.

Rules for posting in this section:
1) Do not ask any WYSIWYG Web Builder help or support related questions here.
2) Do not Promote your website on somebody elses thread.
3) Do not start more than one thread about your site.
4) Do not say anything negative or mean about somebody's site. Constructive criticism is great and encouraged, but being deliberately nasty will not be tolerated.
5) Do not post any site that is not created with WYSIWYG Web Builder.
6) Do not BUMP your post unnecessarily/repetitively.
7) Do not speak/type in another language than English. That way everyone can understand you.
bubblegumweb

Dog walking services website

Post by bubblegumweb »

Hi all.

I'm currently working on a Dog Walking Services website. It's just a basic website, nothing fancy but I'd like to request you guys to give the website a look and to see if there are any problems that can be noticed. I've designed this website in layers as I am still undecided to either use layers or the layout grid in web design. One concern if any will be does the image load fairly quick as I have reduced the file size so that it should not cause and loading problems time wise.

http://pawstyle.365pixel.co.uk/

UPDATE: I have now updated the website to a new look and layout which I feel is much more pleasing to the eye, with relevant information that compliments a dog walking services website. I have designed the website with a clean theme in mind, nothing fancy, just a basic web design.

The website is fully responsive on all pages.

To view the new look website just click the link above in this post.

Regards

Gary
Last edited by bubblegumweb on Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
alexmasss

Re: Dog walking services website

Post by alexmasss »

Terms and conditions not optimized for smartphone, looks like a desktop mini version, the footer is not fixed at the bottom, it is flexible.
bubblegumweb

Post by bubblegumweb »

Thanks for the feedback Alex. I totally forgot to make the Terms Page responsive. Hopefully all has been corrected now.

Thanks

Gary
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

I would also take a look a optimising the background image at 1.2mb it is to large.
bubblegumweb

Post by bubblegumweb »

Hi Baconfries.

I have optimised the background image now down to 140KB. That should be a lot better now for loading. Thanks for pointing it out for me.

Regards

gary
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

👍
bburgess

Post by bburgess »

Hi bubblegumweb,

Is this your own site?

The only reason I ask is the Paw logo I have seen a a number of sites, you may want to check if the Paw is a Registered Logo. Just a thought.

The site its self seems fine, but tends to look like a million others, but if that's what the client wants so be it :D

Cheers
BB
KISS is the key!
bubblegumweb

Post by bubblegumweb »

Hi Burgess,
Yea the paw logo is just a standard image used by many. I will look into creating my own design to iliminate any copyright issues. Reference to the layout, I agree it's a standard layout, maybe I should look into changing it to a design not used by most other dog walking sites. Thanks for your comments, it's always good to get feedback.

Regards

Gary
gano101

Post by gano101 »

Hi mate

**as always I mean all feedback to be constructive and positive, please don't take any criticisms personally**

it's an ok site. but it's rather bland. other than 1 picture everything else is rather boring. I'd suggest the following small changes that could be done quickly and cheer the whole thing up.

1, make the nav text bigger and more colourful... remember it's a dog walking site not an undertakers :)
2, dock the header and think about the colour/alpha/thickness etc
3, rotate the images, have them zoom in or out etc... looking at the same picture gets tiresome, quickly.
4, You should be able to fit the email next to the phone number (also think about colour)

hope it helps

B
bubblegumweb

Post by bubblegumweb »

Hi Gano.
I'm working on revamping the whole site as I agree it's a little boring at the moment. I've taken onboard your feedback and will implement some of your ideas into the new look. Thanks for your feedback.

Regards
Gary
gano101

Post by gano101 »

Hiya

I knocked together a idea of how I'd maybe do it... feel free to use it or parts of it, if it gives you any ideas.

*note*
none of the images are optimized and will take a little time to load :)

http://inverclydewebsitedesigner.com/paws/
bubblegumweb

Post by bubblegumweb »

Hi gano,
I love it. Thanks for the idea's

Regards

G
bubblegumweb

Post by bubblegumweb »

Gano,

just a quick question where do I find the slow zoom in on the images in the slider? Will it be in "Effects" or "Animation" I don't seem to be able to reproduce that effect.

Regards

G
gano101

Post by gano101 »

Hey there

Just put this code between the header tags.

<style>
@-webkit-keyframes background-zoom
{
0% { -webkit-transform: scale(1.0) }
100% { -webkit-transform: scale(1.2) }
}
@-moz-keyframes background-zoom
{
0% { -moz-transform: scale(1.0) }
100% { -moz-transform: scale(1.2) }
}
@keyframes background-zoom
{
0% { transform: scale(1.0) }
100% { transform: scale(1.2) }
}
</style>
<script>
function backgroundZoom(id, frame)
{
var backgroundProps = ["background-image", "background-position", "background-repeat", "background-size"];
var props = $('#' + id + ' .' + frame).css(backgroundProps);
$('#background-zoom').remove();
var $obj = $('<div id="background-zoom" style="width:100%;height:110%"></div>');
$obj.css(props);
$('#' + id + ' .' + frame).prepend($obj);
AnimateCss('background-zoom', 'background-zoom', 0, 10000);
}
</script>
bubblegumweb

Post by bubblegumweb »

Thanks Gano
petertj

Post by petertj »

The white font used on the home page is dense and bold and this makes it difficult to scan easily. Consider raising the size of the font, increasing the spacing in between the letters and changing bold text to normal.

Peter
gano101

Post by gano101 »

hi mate

much improved, I like the transition of the text on the image.. however I'm not sure the black headers is the way to go.. with the lady walking into the sunset it does feel a bit like a sombre funeral service :) I checked it a couple days ago and you had a nice blue header, which I thought looks perfect and had a nice logo.

getting there.