Second Site with Web Builder

You can use this section of the forum to show your website created with WYSIWYG Web Builder to other users.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST or your post may be deleted!

This forum is for users to display their websites created with WYSIWYG Web Builder.

Rules for posting in this section:
1) Do not ask any WYSIWYG Web Builder help or support related questions here.
2) Do not Promote your website on somebody elses thread.
3) Do not start more than one thread about your site.
4) Do not say anything negative or mean about somebody's site. Constructive criticism is great and encouraged, but being deliberately nasty will not be tolerated.
5) Do not post any site that is not created with WYSIWYG Web Builder.
6) Do not BUMP your post unnecessarily/repetitively.
7) Do not speak/type in another language than English. That way everyone can understand you.
onlye

Second Site with Web Builder

Post by onlye »

My second site built with Web Builder. Feedback appreciated. Selected WWB for eCommerce and Catalog sites where I am using ecwid.com My previous/current tool does not play well with ecwid. This is the draft, waiting for the domain to transfer.

https://eric.dollaradaysites.net/ads2/
onlye
Gluckstadt, MS USA
electrochrisso

Re: Second Site with Web Builder

Post by electrochrisso »

Only a quick look, not bad, you need to go through your images though, and make sure they are optimised, only checked out three but two of them were way too big, supplies.jpg was nearly 3mb and service.jpg was huge at over 10mb.
WYSIWYG THE GREATEST Web Builder EVER
Smee

Post by Smee »

When I go there with Firefox, all I get is text. I also get a warning that Adblock is blocking 53 ads. Not sure what that is about ...

Jumped over to Edge, and it looked fine but some of the links are not working.

The "request service" form opens in a new window that looks nothing like the rest of the site. I would really suggest using the forms from WWB or even creating one like this in WWB so that you can keep it all in-house. If you want to keep it on its own page, possibly use a popup so that the end user doesn't possibly think they've left your site.

Remember though, that using a third party site (i.e. using a separate service to handle your forms) just ads another link in the chain. I tried it in the past, and when their site had problems, my users had no way to contact me ... and then the service shut down unexpectedly. Plus, your responses from your forms are your information. Why share that contact information with someone you pay?

Just my 2 cents worth, and not even sure it's worth that much.
Rebel Studio

Post by Rebel Studio »

Smee wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:08 am When I go there with Firefox, all I get is text. I also get a warning that Adblock is blocking 53 ads. Not sure what that is about ...

The "request service" form opens in a new window that looks nothing like the rest of the site. I would really suggest using the forms from WWB or even creating one like this in WWB so that you can keep it all in-house. If you want to keep it on its own page, possibly use a popup so that the end user doesn't possibly think they've left your site.

Remember though, that using a third party site (i.e. using a separate service to handle your forms) just ads another link in the chain. I tried it in the past, and when their site had problems, my users had no way to contact me ... and then the service shut down unexpectedly. Plus, your responses from your forms are your information. Why share that contact information with someone you pay?

It's caused by adblocker.

At OP, something is very wrong when adblockers are killing your layout, with adblocker turned on it blocks all the CSS.

In the header, the approve image and logo are blurry.

I would make the slider a little bit bigger, little slower speed and a transition effect.

The second part looks descent but the third part, the font and size just don't fit the style.

That blue text in the footer is unreadable and clashes.

The document management page, you should put paragraphs in there. Too much text without paragraphs don't do well in Google, same for the service page.

I checked the item pages like https://eric.dollaradaysites.net/ads2/s ... y=29749763 the second text is hugging the title in chrome, space it out.

On the contact page, all the photo's are blurry not very representative for a printer company ;)

And what is up with the external links for request service and order supplies?

You can easily make a contact form with a dropbox with these options, silly to link to a third party.

Also use a favicon ;)
onlye

Post by onlye »

electrochrisso wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:58 am Only a quick look, not bad, you need to go through your images though, and make sure they are optimised, only checked out three but two of them were way too big, supplies.jpg was nearly 3mb and service.jpg was huge at over 10mb.
Thanks
onlye
Gluckstadt, MS USA
onlye

Post by onlye »

Rebel Studio wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:24 am
Smee wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:08 am When I go there with Firefox, all I get is text. I also get a warning that Adblock is blocking 53 ads. Not sure what that is about ...

It's caused by adblocker.

At OP, something is very wrong when adblockers are killing your layout, with adblocker turned on it blocks all the CSS.

In the header, the approve image and logo are blurry.

I would make the slider a little bit bigger, little slower speed and a transition effect.

The second part looks descent but the third part, the font and size just don't fit the style.

That blue text in the footer is unreadable and clashes.

The document management page, you should put paragraphs in there. Too much text without paragraphs don't do well in Google, same for the service page.

I checked the item pages like https://eric.dollaradaysites.net/ads2/s ... y=29749763 the second text is hugging the title in chrome, space it out.

On the contact page, all the photo's are blurry not very representative for a printer company ;)

And what is up with the external links for request service and order supplies?

You can easily make a contact form with a dropbox with these options, silly to link to a third party.

Also use a favicon ;)
Thanks for the detailed feedback. I had the same issues with ad blocker on the site built with another tool. could it be their name ADS?

Waiting for the customer to provide better quality on the logo and staff pictures.

Thanks for the tip on paragraph/text on service and doc mgt pages

I build for another company and I am the only one using WWB. The company uses JotForms for all customer forms. I might try the WWB forms on future projects that are my own.
onlye
Gluckstadt, MS USA
GrahamW

Post by GrahamW »

have a look at my HTML form demo here
https://.net/webshop.html#!/wb-extensions/gw-html-email-7.html

its a very simple extension I wrote for WWB12+, comes with the free reference number script as well and both have very detailed instructions but its dead simple to use.

Graham