Bed & Breakfast website design

You can use this section of the forum to show your website created with WYSIWYG Web Builder to other users.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST or your post may be deleted!

This forum is for users to display their websites created with WYSIWYG Web Builder.

Rules for posting in this section:
1) Do not ask any WYSIWYG Web Builder help or support related questions here.
2) Do not Promote your website on somebody elses thread.
3) Do not start more than one thread about your site.
4) Do not say anything negative or mean about somebody's site. Constructive criticism is great and encouraged, but being deliberately nasty will not be tolerated.
5) Do not post any site that is not created with WYSIWYG Web Builder.
6) Do not BUMP your post unnecessarily/repetitively.
7) Do not speak/type in another language than English. That way everyone can understand you.
bubblegumweb
 
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Sat May 30, 2015 7:15 am

Bed & Breakfast website design

Post by bubblegumweb » Wed May 16, 2018 6:54 am

Hi all,

I have been working on a web design page for a Bed & Breakfast business. I'm working on the DESKTOP version only at the moment and have not yet got onto desiging the MOBILE version of the website yet. I purchased a booking form from " Dapsonishmeal " and changed it to my needs for the website and I think the design layout is quite pleasing.

Please feel free to comment on the design with any recommendations

http://365pixel.co.uk/oaklands/

andyp
 
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:56 am
Location: Brighton UK
Contact:

Re: Bed & Breakfast website design

Post by andyp » Wed May 16, 2018 10:25 am

very nice but just one observation... there is no indication as to where this is unless you scroll down an dread the small text.. so perhaps you should have 'York' in the header such as 'Oaklands' 'Bed and Breakfast - York'
Making mistakes....and still learning as I go along.. and very grateful to those who know far more than me... :)
http://www.apgraphx.co.uk

andyp
 
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:56 am
Location: Brighton UK
Contact:

Re: Bed & Breakfast website design

Post by andyp » Wed May 16, 2018 10:25 am

very nice but just one observation... there is no indication as to where this is unless you scroll down an dread the small text.. so perhaps you should have 'York' in the header such as 'Oaklands' 'Bed and Breakfast - York'
Making mistakes....and still learning as I go along.. and very grateful to those who know far more than me... :)
http://www.apgraphx.co.uk

bubblegumweb
 
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Sat May 30, 2015 7:15 am

Re: Bed & Breakfast website design

Post by bubblegumweb » Wed May 16, 2018 10:30 am

Good point. Thanks

bubblegumweb
 
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Sat May 30, 2015 7:15 am

Re: Bed & Breakfast website design

Post by bubblegumweb » Wed May 16, 2018 10:46 am

I've made some changes due to the suggestion on location. You may have to refresh your browser to see changes to take effect

bubblegumweb
 
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Sat May 30, 2015 7:15 am

Re: Bed & Breakfast website design

Post by bubblegumweb » Wed May 16, 2018 9:12 pm

Hopefully now the mobile version is working. I just need to finalise all the links

Little Owl
 
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:01 am

Re: Bed & Breakfast website design

Post by Little Owl » Fri May 18, 2018 12:27 am

Hi,

Nice job overall.

I noticed in your booking form that for the date sections the yyyy text for dd/mm/yyyy is cut off, you may need to extend them a little.

Also in your testimonials section, I find the white text against the yellow background lacks enough contrast to make it easy to read for everyone. Also having a black text title, white text for the testimonial & then grey text for the name is a bit too much mix 'n' match for me, I think go with just 2 colours & drop the black as it looks a tad harsh.

Also in the first breakpoint where the hamburger menu icon first appears I find the images are blurry & cropped too much. But they look fine in the 320 breakpoint.

Hope that is helpful. :)

User avatar
crispy68
 
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:43 am
Location: Acworth, GA
Contact:

Re: Bed & Breakfast website design

Post by crispy68 » Fri May 18, 2018 12:45 am

Looking good!

I might would make the checkmarks the yellow color in the 'what makes Oaklands different' section to just give it a bit more color than white. :wink:

bubblegumweb
 
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Sat May 30, 2015 7:15 am

Re: Bed & Breakfast website design

Post by bubblegumweb » Fri May 18, 2018 6:36 am

Little Owl wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 12:27 am
Hi,

Nice job overall.

I noticed in your booking form that for the date sections the yyyy text for dd/mm/yyyy is cut off, you may need to extend them a little.

Also in your testimonials section, I find the white text against the yellow background lacks enough contrast to make it easy to read for everyone. Also having a black text title, white text for the testimonial & then grey text for the name is a bit too much mix 'n' match for me, I think go with just 2 colours & drop the black as it looks a tad harsh.

Also in the first breakpoint where the hamburger menu icon first appears I find the images are blurry & cropped too much. But they look fine in the 320 breakpoint.

Hope that is helpful. :)
Hi, thanks for the feedback. I agree on the testimonial colors, I have now changed them to just two colors. Reference to the "Hamburger" image being blurry, I don't see any hamburger image on the website design. Could you be referencing to the "Bread Rolls" image next to the testimonials section?

bubblegumweb
 
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Sat May 30, 2015 7:15 am

Re: Bed & Breakfast website design

Post by bubblegumweb » Fri May 18, 2018 6:38 am

crispy68 wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 12:45 am
Looking good!

I might would make the checkmarks the yellow color in the 'what makes Oaklands different' section to just give it a bit more color than white. :wink:
Good point. I agree, it needed a little more than all one color. I have changed the checkmark colors.
Thanks for your feedback.

Little Owl
 
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:01 am

Re: Bed & Breakfast website design

Post by Little Owl » Sat May 19, 2018 7:18 am

bubblegumweb wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 6:36 am
Little Owl wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 12:27 am
Hi,

Nice job overall.

I noticed in your booking form that for the date sections the yyyy text for dd/mm/yyyy is cut off, you may need to extend them a little.

Also in your testimonials section, I find the white text against the yellow background lacks enough contrast to make it easy to read for everyone. Also having a black text title, white text for the testimonial & then grey text for the name is a bit too much mix 'n' match for me, I think go with just 2 colours & drop the black as it looks a tad harsh.

Also in the first breakpoint where the hamburger menu icon first appears I find the images are blurry & cropped too much. But they look fine in the 320 breakpoint.

Hope that is helpful. :)
Hi, thanks for the feedback. I agree on the testimonial colors, I have now changed them to just two colors. Reference to the "Hamburger" image being blurry, I don't see any hamburger image on the website design. Could you be referencing to the "Bread Rolls" image next to the testimonials section?
Hi,

It's not the what we call 'hamburger menu' icon (the icon used to designate a hidden menu on mobile sites) that is blurry, but at the breakpoint that it starts to appear as you reduce screen size on my desk top, I found the actual photos became blurry then they sharpened up again at approx around the 320 breakpoint.

bubblegumweb
 
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Sat May 30, 2015 7:15 am

Re: Bed & Breakfast website design

Post by bubblegumweb » Sat May 19, 2018 9:10 am

Ok, thanks, i'll look into that

GrahamW
 
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:02 am

Re: Bed & Breakfast website design

Post by GrahamW » Sun May 20, 2018 1:31 am

I noticed when viewing on a mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 8 you see this on the menu
http://www.screencast.com/t/BuVXk48fl

You only have 1 image agains the menu names but for some reason there is a broken image up the top.

Graham

bubblegumweb
 
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Sat May 30, 2015 7:15 am

Re: Bed & Breakfast website design

Post by bubblegumweb » Sun May 20, 2018 7:33 am

Hi Graham.

I have sorted out the Icons in the mobile menu now, thanks for pointing that out to me. Reference to the broken image right at the top, that one is totally confusing me. I have checked in WYSIWYG design and I see no image where your phone is displaying the broken icon. And when I test it on my mobile "Samsung J5" I dont get any broken image icon. Strange indeed.

Maybe someone else on the forum will look out ofr that and give some advice.

Regards

GrahamW
 
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:02 am

Re: Bed & Breakfast website design

Post by GrahamW » Mon May 21, 2018 3:05 am

I got my mate to check on iPhone 7 and it shows a little square in the top corner

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests