long time no post... new ecommerce site

You can use this section of the forum to show your website created with WYSIWYG Web Builder to other users.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST or your post may be deleted!

This forum is for users to display their websites created with WYSIWYG Web Builder.

Rules for posting in this section:
1) Do not ask any WYSIWYG Web Builder help or support related questions here.
2) Do not Promote your website on somebody elses thread.
3) Do not start more than one thread about your site.
4) Do not say anything negative or mean about somebody's site. Constructive criticism is great and encouraged, but being deliberately nasty will not be tolerated.
5) Do not post any site that is not created with WYSIWYG Web Builder.
6) Do not BUMP your post unnecessarily/repetitively.
7) Do not speak/type in another language than English. That way everyone can understand you.
gano101

long time no post... new ecommerce site

Post by gano101 »

Hi folks

I used to be on this forum all the time years ago (Barry C) anyway I've been living abroad for a few years and now back in the UK. A friend asked if I still make websites, so I upgraded to V12 and started a site for another friend (lots of friends)

http://backpackshak.co.uk/about.php

the main this is the shopping cart software, (which I can't take credit for) but luckily wysiwyg makes it easy to integrate PHP scripts.
  • The images are pretty poor and I know I need to change and polish them (anyone know a good site for royalty free or even reasonably prices images)
    I also need to work on the responsive breaks (this will be my first time making a responsive site)
please be as brutally honest as possible

Thanks in advance

B
zinc

Re: long time no post... new ecommerce site

Post by zinc »

B which e-com system are you using for this site?
Running WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2007...
donjohnson24

Post by donjohnson24 »

gano101 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:54 pm (anyone know a good site for royalty free or even reasonably prices images)
You could look at https://pixabay.com/ - I haven't tried them myself, but its a start :roll:
ColinM

Post by ColinM »

Hi Barry,

Welcome back! Looks good.

Nice touch with the header going from transparent to black - how did you achieve that please?
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia
gano101

Post by gano101 »

zinc wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:47 pm B which e-com system are you using for this site?
phpjabbers shopping cart, it's pretty nice, reasonable price and very customisable :)
gano101

Post by gano101 »

ColinM wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:45 am Hi Barry,

Nice touch with the header going from transparent to black - how did you achieve that please?
it's one of the pre-defined "blocks" in WWB 12. essentially it allows you to set a starting and ending alpha value on a scroll (or presumably any other) transition
gano101

Post by gano101 »

donjohnson24 wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:36 pm
gano101 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:54 pm (anyone know a good site for royalty free or even reasonably prices images)
You could look at https://pixabay.com/ - I haven't tried them myself, but its a start :roll:
thanks *tips hat*
ColinM

Post by ColinM »

gano101 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:25 pm
ColinM wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:45 am Hi Barry,

it's one of the pre-defined "blocks" in WWB 12. essentially it allows you to set a starting and ending alpha value on a scroll (or presumably any other) transition
Ah thanks Barry, haven't got into blocks yet :roll: you've done a very comprehensive job of coming back :D
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia
pajadt

Post by pajadt »

nice combination boostrap and WWB, solve white space Below the product, nice work
alex2

Post by alex2 »

Hi Barry,
This ecommerce site looks great!
I have taken a look at phpjappbers shopping cart and like the look of it.
I have created an ecommerce site integrating with mals e-commerce which contains over 200 pages (has grown over a long time!).
Do you think it be possible to take the phpjabbers cart and integrate with mals?
What I would like to do is start hooking in this shopping cart but keep the existing pages live whilst gradually switching over to using phpjabbers cart for everything.
As you say phpjabbers cart looks very reasonably priced.