hybridledlighttower.com

You can use this section of the forum to show your website created with WYSIWYG Web Builder to other users.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST or your post may be deleted!

This forum is for users to display their websites created with WYSIWYG Web Builder.

Rules for posting in this section:
1) Do not ask any WYSIWYG Web Builder help or support related questions here.
2) Do not Promote your website on somebody elses thread.
3) Do not start more than one thread about your site.
4) Do not say anything negative or mean about somebody's site. Constructive criticism is great and encouraged, but being deliberately nasty will not be tolerated.
5) Do not post any site that is not created with WYSIWYG Web Builder.
6) Do not BUMP your post unnecessarily/repetitively.
7) Do not speak/type in another language than English. That way everyone can understand you.
zukowski

hybridledlighttower.com

Post by zukowski » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:07 pm

I am a complete novice that put my website first up using SiteSpinner. Someone on the SiteSpinner forum recommended me to Web Builder and it has been a very smooth transition. I would love some critical input and advice for my new site. I have a tough skin and anything you see that might make my customer's experience better is only good for me.

My site is hybridledlighttower.com .

My old site, signalmachinery.com, which was the one built on SiteSpinner, now 301 redirects to the new site. I had built a strong search presence with my old site so I have performed the site move on Google Dashboard also.

I hope someone can answer this question. I own many strong domain names that all do 301 redirects, but they don't seem to help my search presence. For example, a key search phrase for me is "led light tower". I own ledlighttower.com. but my rankings for the search phrase is very poor. Should I create individual pages that then link to my main site or even copy the entire site to different domain names?

Thanks for any input!

Doug
Last edited by zukowski on Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

WB10user

Re: hybridledlighttower.com

Post by WB10user » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:31 pm

Not a bad effort, to be honest. I would recommend you look at other similar sites, taking bits and pieces from them that you like and try and implement them into your own. Also, if you can, I would recommend trying to make your site responsive.

I hope this helps.

zukowski

Post by zukowski » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:45 pm

Thanks for the input. I am working on the responsive part and quite frankly that is the only thing I have struggled with. The tutorial walks you through it, so I just need to keep at it. It is the part about creating new images that is throwing and also adjusting images from the master page.

WB10user

Post by WB10user » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:51 pm

Yeah it can take a bit of getting used to responsive design that is buthe it's cool once you master it.

Rebel Studio

Post by Rebel Studio » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:43 am

Not bad if this was the 90's but it looks totally outdated.

Responsive site is pretty easy but can be a little time consuming, just practice a bit and look at some modern day website for reference, keep at it.

zukowski

Post by zukowski » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:27 pm

What Font would you recommend? I really appreciate the input.

Canada_Anton

Post by Canada_Anton » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:49 am

I have been doing my website for about 2 months now, altering it a bit here and a bit there. I researched online what is the best font and the designers and computer scientist types say that sans serif fonts are the best - they are simple and easy on the eye. They also recommend that you do not use the standard black but change it to 33, 33, 33 (as used by Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc). Lots of stuff out there if you google font and text colour.

zukowski

Post by zukowski » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:54 pm

Canada_Anton wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:49 am
I have been doing my website for about 2 months now, altering it a bit here and a bit there. I researched online what is the best font and the designers and computer scientist types say that sans ***** fonts are the best - they are simple and easy on the eye. They also recommend that you do not use the standard black but change it to 33, 33, 33 (as used by Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc). Lots of stuff out there if you google font and text colour.
Thanks for the input!