"Unexpected file format" means that Web Builder is trying to load features that are not implemented yet. This will only happen if your trying to edit a document that is created with a newer version of Web Builder. In other words a file that is created with for example version 7.5 and you are trying to open it with version 7.0.
Note that Web Builder is backwards compatible, so it should open your existing pages (from previous versions) without any problems.
What to do when this error occurs?
1. Check if you are not accidentally using two versions of the program at the same time (in different folders).
2. Make sure you have the very latest version of the program, when a bug is discovered in Web Builder, most of the time the fix will available within hours/days.
3. Sometimes users accidentally try to load an HTML file into Web Builder, you can not do this directly, the program only opens .wbs (Web Builder Site) files! You must import existing HTML using Page->Import->Import HTML Page. Read this for more info about this: viewtopic.php?t=137
4. If you're sure it was ok before without updates, check your hard drive using check disk or another disk repair utility.
5) Very important: Also verify if you have the latest versions of extensions used by the project installed.
If one or more extensions are missing then the project cannot be loaded because functionality implemented in these extensions is needed to process the file.
Tip: Always backup all your important files. Web Builder files (.wbs) are normally stored in your documents folder.
See also this related topic about creating and restoring backups:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 10&t=44024
Frequently Asked Questions about WYSIWYG Web Builder
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests