The Ultimate Toolbox for creating
amazing web sites!
Although WYSIWYG Web Builder is not an HTML editor, you can insert custom HTML to web pages generated by the software.
Insert Custom HTML
In this window the HTML generated by Web Builder is displayed. To insert your own code, select the appropriate Tab. Select if the code should be inserted at the Start of Page, Between Head tag, Inside Body tag, Beginning of Body, End of body or end of page.
Insert Object HTML
It's also possible to insert custom HTML for a specific element, so you can for example add an extra attribute. From the menu select Edit->HTML to display the Object HTML window.
Insert Page HTML
This method should be used if you want to insert HTML in the <head> or <body> tags of the page.
From the menu select Page->Page HTML to display the Page HTML window.
When you insert code in the Page HTML window, make sure you DO NOT include the <!DOCTYPE>, <html>, <head> or <body> tags! These tags (for the HTML page structure) are already generated by WYSIWYG Web Builder.
If you have limited experience or knowledge about scripting and troubleshooting custom code, we strongly recommend that you look into hiring a web developer to assist you. We can only support code that was generated by the software.
When the code you have inserted does not work then keep in mind that WYSIWYG Web Builder does not change the inserted code in any way! The HTML will be inserted and published "AS IS".
Common reasons for code not working are:
- did you remove the <!DOCTYPE>, <html>, <head> and <body> tags from the code?
- the code is invalid. For example: maybe you have accidentally missed copying a closing tag?
- the code depends on other scripts/files that you did not include (you can embed external files with the File Publisher object).
- the code conflicts with other code on the page (remove html, head and body tags, verify that there's only one jQuery library on the page).
- the code requires a different document type setting (in Page Properties)
- the code was inserted in the wrong place in the page.
- the code only works when it's published to a web server (like facebook scripts or ads).
Include external files
Sometimes you may need to include external files to the added custom code. For example, external script libraries (*.js) or style sheets (*.css). You can attach those files to the page with the File Publisher object. The File Publisher object will be published all selected files together with the current page.
In this window the HTML generated by the software is displayed. To insert your own code, select the appropriate Tab. Select if the code should be inserted at the Start of Page, Between Head tag, Inside Body tag, Beginning of Body, End of body or end of page. There is also an option to insert custom style attributes.
by the software.